Sunday, July 11, 2010

No not like the monkey from Aladdin

Until I was the delicate age of seven my parents sent me to a local Catholic school where I was pretty much the only non-Catholic in my class. I loved it there. And then they yanked me out and sent me to PUBLIC SCHOOL (shudder...).

Which would have been fine as I was the age when I was in love with school and they could have sent me to some rundown school like the ones they show on tv that makes people move to the suburbs and I would have been just as excited.

Except that in some studio somewhere some dumb writer decided to write the script for a movie called ALADDIN with a boy and his crazy monkey friend and then subsequently name that monkey Abu.

WHICH SOUNDS A WHOLE LOT LIKE MY NAME!!

I spent the next few months repeating "No, not like the monkey from Aladdin."

So to sum it up: New school. Seven years old. Dark skin (like a monkey??). And now it looks like (to stupid seven year olds) my parents named me after a Disney character.

I can only conclude that nothing good comes from watching Disney movies.

1 comment:

  1. Haha since I know your name, it took me a second to figure out what "No, not like the money from Aladdin" meant. You should change it to "Not The Monkey From Aladdin" so it's shorter.

    ReplyDelete