Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Don't Feel Bad About Mooching off of Your Parents

I am 24 and I live with my parents.

Never has a statement I have said ever caused such laughter in people. It was like I was a freaking comedian. People like to make fun of me because I live in my parents house.

Except here's the thing: most people wish they could do that too.

I don't pay rent or anything associated with housing, I buy groceries if I don't like the food my dad buys, and I if I so chose I could quit my job and lay in my bed all day.

Some people might be appalled at this lifestyle that I lead. Except here's the other thing: what is our obsession with ditching our family?

I'm not an angsty teenager who "hates my parents", I have a job, car, bills, and a life, and I help around the house.

Listen, when your parents decided that they NEEDED ANOTHER BABY they knew that by procreating they were not just agreeing to love and support another human being for 18 years, they were agreeing to do these deeds for life!

That is exactly what I tell my dad when he tries to throw my worldly possessions on the curb while I am at work.

















Just kidding about that last part. I don't have cabbage patch dolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment